[PVE-User] pveceph dmcrypt Support

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Wed Dec 20 08:17:15 CET 2017

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 04:24:57PM +0100, Tobias Guth - ECOS Technology wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if pveceph supports creation of encrypted osds ?
>
> There is nothing in the official documentation mentioning anything about
> it ? Besides I did not find any information for future releases.
>
> It would be nice to have an ceph cluster setup by proxmox, but for
> production use my requirement is encryption of the osd devices !
>

> Regards
>
> Tobi

no, it does not (currently / yet).

but you should be able to set them up manually, and all of the other
pveceph integration stuff should still work (except for destroying the
OSDs, which assumes a regular unencrypted GPT / ceph-disk setup).

we might re-visit this when looking at ceph-volume integration for the
upcoming Mimic release.