[PVE-User] Setup default VM ID starting number

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Dec 11 10:58:55 CET 2017

Hi,

On 12/11/2017 10:31 AM, F.Rust wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to set a different starting number for VM ids?

No, currently not, I'm afraid.

> We have different clusters and don’t want to have overlapping vm ids.
> So it would be great to simply say
>  Cluster 1 start VM-ids at 100
>  Cluster 2 start VM ids at 1000
>> Admin of Cluster 2 can not see which machine ids on Cluster 1 exist an vice versa.
> But machine images or backups might get mixed up in SAN

Is there a possibility to declare two different backup endpoints in
your setup? We normally expect that two cluster do not access the same
write-able storage twice at the same path, exactly for the backup clash
possibility and other shared resource access problems.

cheers,
Thomas