[PVE-User] Shared IP (Was: Setup a cluster proxmox behind just one public ip address)

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Aug 30 08:32:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

El 29/08/17 a las 19:41, Petric Frank escribió:

>> Is it possible to configure a proxmox cluster behind a single public IP
>> address ? If possible, how do I configure my nodes at the time of
>> installation ? I don't see this configuration in the documentation.
>>
>> If not possible, should I have the same number of public ip address than the
>> number of node of my cluster ?
>>
>> For information, I want to use a dedicated network for corosync.
> Maybe an other solution - what about a shared IP bound to one of the servers.
> Using HA mechanisms it could be bound to another host is the current one
> fails.
> This would avoid a single point of failure.
Yes, I think it would work to have a firewall VM with the public IP,
configured as HA; then nodes have private IPs.

Administration would be by VPN as Alain said. If the node running the
firewall crashes, HA would restart it on another node. VMs gateway would
be the firewall.

You need shared storage for this of course.

Cheers

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico
Binovo IT Human Project, S.L.