[PVE-User] VM disk fails

Emiliano Vazquez emilianovazquez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 00:36:25 CEST 2017

Hi guys.

I'm running Proxmox 4.4-1/eb2d6f1e with 2 disk 2TB on ZFS. Rhere is a VM
running Ubuntu Server 14.04 from at least two years. It was migrated from
one server to another five times (mantenaince, updates proxmox, change of
hardware).

This VM has:
Memory 2.00
Processors 2 (1 socket, 2 cores)
Hard Disk (sata0): local-zfs, writethrough, 52gb
One NIC.

In the last ten days it has at least six times broken disk. I have to reset
the VM, run fsck /dev/sda1 fix error and get it working again. Doing this
get the VM offline for users.

I can't understand how to solve this. The error on internet says "change
your disk is dying" but this is a virtual disk! how can it be broken?

I don't have power loss or reboots. There is an UPS. There is no backup
running when the FS die this happens during working hours.

This is in dmesg :
https://pastebin.com/kbH8ybEE

syslog:
https://pastebin.com/y0Kw6REQ