[PVE-User] Random kernel panics of my KVM VMs

Bill Arlofski waa-pveuser at revpol.com
Wed Aug 16 02:49:04 CEST 2017

On 08/15/2017 12:54 PM, Yannis Milios wrote:
> Have you tried to change the VM scsi controller so something different than
> LSI? Does that help?
>
> Yannis

Hi Yannis, you know, this is somthing I was looking for, but I guess I did not
look hard enough!  It is not in the "Hardware" tab, but I see it now in the
"Options tab".

:)

If I see a panic on any of these VMs now living on local storage, I will shut
it down, change the SCSI controller and restart it. Of course I will surely
have to compile the correct kernel module for the one(s) I choose, since these
VMs are pretty minimal.

Thank you for giving me a push to look a bit more for this option. :)

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski