[PVE-User] ZFS on iSCSI + Pacemaker/corosync/DRBD

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Nov 23 21:40:06 CET 2016

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:40:55 +0000
Mark Adams <mark at openvs.co.uk> wrote:

> Has anyone else tried to get this or a similar setup working? Any views
> greatly received.

What you are trying to achieve is not a good idea with
corosync/pacemaker since iSCSI is a block device. To create a cluster
over a LUN will require a cluster aware filesystem like NFS, CIFS etc.
The proper way of doing this with iSCSI would be using multipath to a
SAN since iSCSI LUNs cannot be shared. Unfortunately the current
implementation of ZFS over iSCSI does not support multipath (a
limitation in libiscsi). Also may I remind you that Iet development has
stopped in favor of LIO targets (http://linux-iscsi.org/wiki/LIO). I am
currently working on making an implementation of LIO for proxmox which
will use a different architecture than the current ZFS over iSCSI
implementation. The new implementation will support multipath. As this
is developed in my spare time progress is not a high as it could be.

Alternatively you could look at this:
http://www.napp-it.org/doc/downloads/z-raid.pdf

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
The computer should be doing the hard work.  That's what it's paid to
do, after all.
		-- Larry Wall in <199709012312.QAA08121 at wall.org>