[PVE-User] KVM Guest Ubuntu goes RO-Filesystem every some night

kai at zimmer.net kai at zimmer.net
Fri May 20 09:01:42 CEST 2016

Hi Chris,

some more information would be helpful:

- Which version of Proxmox are you running?

- Are the RAIDs local or network attached (NAS)?

- What type of disk type do you use (virtio, raw), which disk format
(qcow2) do you use? Do you use caching?

- How large are your virtual disks, how much are they used in % - and
especially - is there enough free disk space on the host (are you
over-provisioning)?

- Did you try disabling HPET (in the vm configuration)?

My first guess would be, that your virtual disk usage grows at night
(maybe dumping databases for backup purposes), so that you don't have
enough disk space on the host left. But it could also be a problem with
NAS devices if network traffic for backup raises at night...

Best,

Kai