[PVE-User] Online migration problems with pve 4.2

Albert Dengg albert at fsfe.org
Thu May 12 13:43:42 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 01:00:58PM +0200, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> El 12/05/16 a las 12:38, Albert Dengg escribió:
> > hi,
> > On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 08:45:30AM +0200, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> > > Hi Albert,
> > >
> > > I just updated yesterday afternoon our cluster to PVE 4.2 non-subscrition
> > > and migration works OK. Did so using your procedure.
> > >
> > > I found migration problems about a month ago, you can search in the mailing
> > > list the good advice I got from the developers.
> > i think i know wich thread you mean, and they advised you to upgrade
> > qemu-server 4.0-59
> > pve-qemu-kvm 2.5-7
> >
> > however, i'm already running
> > qemu-server: 4.0-72
> > pve-qemu-kvm: 2.5-14
> Yes, notice I had to upgrade also on migration-source machines: qemu-server
> 4.0-59 . What version do you have in the to-be-upgraded machines?
i saw that (i stumbled upon the thread when i head the initial
problem.
as i wrote in my initial mail, i then also upgraded the other two
noeds (carefully checking that i had disabled HA on all VMs as to
not run into problems fencing a node during the upgrade by
accident).

here is the complete output for the two other noeds:
[dengg at pve2:~]> pveversion -v
proxmox-ve: 4.2-48 (running kernel: 4.2.8-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.2-2 (running version: 4.2-2/725d76f0)
pve-kernel-2.6.32-37-pve: 2.6.32-150
pve-kernel-4.4.6-1-pve: 4.4.6-48
pve-kernel-4.2.6-1-pve: 4.2.6-36
pve-kernel-2.6.32-32-pve: 2.6.32-136
pve-kernel-2.6.32-43-pve: 2.6.32-166
pve-kernel-4.2.8-1-pve: 4.2.8-41
pve-kernel-2.6.32-39-pve: 2.6.32-157
pve-kernel-3.10.0-11-pve: 3.10.0-36
pve-kernel-2.6.32-34-pve: 2.6.32-140
pve-kernel-4.2.2-1-pve: 4.2.2-16
pve-kernel-2.6.32-40-pve: 2.6.32-160
pve-kernel-3.10.0-13-pve: 3.10.0-38
pve-kernel-2.6.32-41-pve: 2.6.32-164
pve-kernel-4.2.3-2-pve: 4.2.3-22
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve2
corosync-pve: 2.3.5-2
libqb0: 1.0-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-39
qemu-server: 4.0-72
pve-firmware: 1.1-8
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-59
libpve-access-control: 4.0-16
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-50
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-2
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.5-14
pve-container: 1.0-62
pve-firewall: 2.0-25
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-28
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u1
lxc-pve: 1.1.5-7
lxcfs: 2.0.0-pve2
cgmanager: 0.39-pve1
criu: 1.6.0-1
fence-agents-pve: 4.0.20-1
openvswitch-switch: 2.3.2-3

[dengg at pve3:~]> pveversion -v
[...]

please note that this was the upgrade from pve 4.1 to 4.2 yesterday,
as i pushed it back a bit because of the reports about problems with
virtio-net on this list...

> > as for storage:
> > we are using ceph storage for the VMs
> We too.
(i did not yet install the ceph upgrad the seems to have been pushed
to the mirror today, as i wanted to have the cluster in a working
order before doing additional changes...)

lg
albert