[PVE-User] init 6 on PVE 4.2

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed May 11 15:53:59 CEST 2016

On 05/11/2016 03:45 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On 11/05/2016 11:32 PM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
>> Yes, if there is an NFS still mounted but unreachable this will hang
>> forever, yes.
>>
>> Ensure that you deactivate it before the NFS goes offline.
>
> I had nfs mounts and its network was out (the vswitch upgrade) - why I
> had to drive in. Would that have hung it?

Yes, if it was mounted (which I assume) then yes. In such cases go for
an force unmount the nfs before rebooting, we do not want to make this
default as a force unmount can be really bad.
Also we assume that a NFS is always online and if not it should be
unmount'ed before it goes (gracefully) offline.

Cheers,
Thomas