[PVE-User] Migrate all says OK but some VMs not migrated

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed May 11 15:20:17 CEST 2016

Hi all,

On PVE 4.1, I have found that when the migration of all VMs to another
node with "Migrate all" reports OK when it ends, even if one VM
migration failed. Steps to reproduce:

1. Have 2 MVs running in a node. Mount and ISO via NFS storage in DVD.
Disable NFS storage.
2. Migrate All to another node. Task says OK, but the VM with ISO on NFS
storage remains in original node.

I would expect to receive an error or "Some VMs didn't migrate" or even
an error in VM line in the migrate all progress...

Task log does show that VM migration did indeed fail.

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico