[PVE-User] VLAN and 4.2 upgrade

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri May 6 21:30:20 CEST 2016

On 16-05-06 10:03 AM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Fri, 6 May 2016 09:22:56 -0500
> Adam Thompson <athompso at athompso.net> wrote:
>
>> Has this bug (http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2015-July/018242.html) ever been found & fixed?
>> If not, using OVS in this scenario will still break your cluster horribly.
>> It causes no problem whatsoever with a single non-clustered host.
>> Also, AFAIK, OVS *still* doesn't implement an IGMP querier, so if you were relying on the Linux Bridge IGMP querier (like I am), you're screwed there, too.  (My switches support IGMP snooping, but my router doesn't have an IGMP querier.)
>>
> What kind of switch do you have?

A pair of NetGear GS752TXS switches.
They do have an IGMP querier feature, but AFAIK it is only active when
you've configured them as the router (layer 3 functions), and I'm only
using them as layer 2 devices because the L3 implementation is, um, not
useful.  IGMP snooping works properly in L2 mode regardless.

The router/firewall is pfSense, which does IGMP proxying, but apparently
not querying... or at least not correctly :-/.

-Adam