[PVE-User] NFSv4 support for NFS storage?

Frank Thommen frank.thommen at uni-heidelberg.de
Fri May 6 15:41:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

new fileservers in our department are configured to require NFSv4 and do
not support NFSv3 any more.  That worked fine for PVE 3.x by patching
the "values.options" assignment in
/usr/share/pve-manager/ext?/pvemanagerlib.js.

When applying the same patch to PVE 4.x, the storage is mounted
correctly and also shown in the summary, but the status is inactive and
`pvesm list <storage>` returns "mount error: mount.nfs:
/mnt/pve/<storage> is busy or already mounted".  In the content tab, the
error "mount error: mount.nfs: /mnt/pve/<storage> is busy or already
mounted (500)" is shown.

Is there any other patch which has to be applied to make NFSv4 working
with PVE 4.x and is there already a timeframe, when NFSv4 will be
supported out of the box?

We are currently running "pve-manager/4.1-33/de386c1a (running kernel:
4.2.6-1-pve)".

Cheers
Frank