[PVE-User] Shared Directory with KVM

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Wed Mar 30 08:18:19 CEST 2016

> On March 29, 2016 at 5:41 PM Ikenna Okpala <me at ikennaokpala.com> wrote:
>

> @Jean-Laurent
>
> I have website code on two KVM VMs and I would like update is only once.
>
> @Wolfgang
>
> I will give your suggestion a go.. is there any example on the web like a
> blog post to follow.

If your guest is a linux with 9p support compiled in you can use this:

http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/9psetup

You should only need the 'Starting the guest directly' and 'Mounting the
shared path' sections. The qemu options have to be added as `args:` entry
to /etc/pve/qemu-server/$VMID.conf, but note that when adding pci devices
without explicit pci slots qemu might end up auto-assigning it to a number
that other arguments with explicit slots use already, and error about conflicting
pci slots. (I wonder if we can avoid that by moving the args to the end in
our code...)
Anyway, you might wanna add `,bus=pci.0,addr=0x11` to the virtio-9p-pci
option.