[PVE-User] VM clone with 2 disks fails on ZFS-iSCSI IET storage

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Fri Mar 18 21:53:08 CET 2016

Greetings Sebastian,

Thanks for your response.

I did not check exactly how ZFS accessed disks, it could be there's a
SAS backplane in between ZFS and disks, which is not good for ZFS as I know.

There's plenty of RAM on my storage server - 32GB, and 10Gbig connection
for Proxmox nodes to storage, so I doubt this could be an issue.

As for SSD and L2ARC and ZiL stuff - unfortunately, hardware is all set
and sits couple country borders away from me, so there's no way I can
add this hardware into existent setup. My cluster needs to be up and
running by April, so no more time for tests.

Anyway, decision is taken and I'm returning back to LVM over iSCSI due
to fact that I cannot use my Intel X550 10Gbit NICs with Solaris.

Thanks everyone for responing!