[PVE-User] ZFS+GlusterFS LXC image creation trouble.

Jeremy McCoy jeremy at awesomegeek.com
Fri Jun 10 22:09:52 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am working on getting shared storage working on my hosts. My current issue is
that creating an LXC container on my GlusterFS mount is failing with the
following error:
>Warning, had trouble writing out superblocks.TASK ERROR: command 'mkfs.ext4 -O
>mmp -E 'root_owner=0:0' /mnt/gluster/images/102/vm-102-disk-1.raw' failed: exit
>code 144

Running that command manually on the host still generates the warning, but
otherwise successfully creates the image that I am able to mount. Is it
possible/safe to alter whatever script generates the container images so that it
does not give up here?

My first attempt at getting this working using the GUI to mount the storage
worked, but the performance was abysmal once I had several machines running
(idle) on it. I dug around in the GlusterFS documentation and various blog posts
about running GlusterFS on ZFS, and decided that manually mounting the storage
would give me better performance.

My host config is at pastebin.com/cSQX2RDK, and the GlusterFS config is
different on each host so that the local brick is always type storage/posix. If
I have done something terribly wrong (which is entirely possible), please let me
know.

Thanks,
Jeremy