[PVE-User] Ceph + ZFS?

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Jun 2 15:29:08 CEST 2016

El 02/06/16 a las 14:49, Lindsay Mathieson escribió:
> On 2/06/2016 7:55 PM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
>> I see also that Lindsay told you small ceph setups don't give good
>> performance; don't know about his experience, but mine is quite good.
>> We have 4 3-node clusters (with 3-10 VMs) with ceph and are very
>> happy with the performance. It is very important to choose the right
>> SSD for the journal.
>
> Yah, enterpise grade SSD is essential, and very expensive. Also Jeremy
> only has one disk per node, which just won't provide enough IOPS for
> ceph.

Well, it would give the same IOPS as those disks in local configuration,
right? (journal is on SSD...) :)

> Do you have barriers enabled for your ceph osd filesystem? my
> performance was ok until I (as recommended) did that.

We have it as per defaults in PVE 4.x . We just built a 3-node 6-OSD
cluster for 2 Windows VMs and another pair of Debian VMs and performance
is quite good for the resiliency/HA capabilities if offers to us.

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico