[PVE-User] Ceph + ZFS?

Jeremy McCoy jeremy at awesomegeek.com
Wed Jun 1 22:10:10 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am new here and am working on designing a Proxmox cluster. Just wondering if
anyone has tried doing Ceph on ZFS (instead of XFS on LVM or whatever pveceph
sets up) and, if so, how you went about implementing it. I have 4 hosts that
each have 1 spinner and 1 SSD to offer to the cluster.

Are there any pitfalls to be aware of here? My goal is to mainly run LXC
containers (plus a few KVM VMs) on distributed storage, and I was hoping to take
advantage of ZFS's caching, compression, and data integrity features. I am also
open to doing GlusterFS or something else, but it looked like Proxmox does not
support LXC containers running on that yet.

Thanks,
Jeremy