[PVE-User] Ceph RBD image striping

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Jul 6 09:33:52 CEST 2016

Hi,

El 06/07/16 a las 09:26, Alwin Antreich escribió:
> On 07/06/2016 08:27 AM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
>> Hi Alwin,
>>
>> In Proxmox Ceph client integration is done using librbd, not krbd. Stripe parameters can't be defined from Proxmox GUI.
> If I understood correctly, this depends, if you add a ceph pool to proxmox with the KRBD option enabled or not. I know
> that these settings aren't done through the GUI, as you need to create the image with ceph tools manually.
Sorry, I didn't recall the "new" krbd checkbox in storage config, never
used that myself. Why are you using it?

>> Why are you changing striping parameters?
> We have some write intense tasks to perform and stripping can boost write performance. To test this I would like to add
> such a disk to a VM.
I would do as follows:
- Create the VM rbd disk from GUI
- Then from CLI, remove rbd volume and recreate with the same name and
the striping parameters you want.

Are you using SSDs for journals?

Cheers

--