[PVE-User] Cross datacenter HA

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Dec 20 12:43:59 CET 2016

Hi,

Sure, I meant datacenter, sorry; I didn't realize the acronym was in
spanish :)

So let me rewrite the question :-)

We are doing a preliminary study for a VMWare installation migration to Proxmox (14 hosts total, 7 in each datacenter).

Currently, customer has 2 datacenters in HA, so that if the main datacenter goes down, all VMs are restarted in backup datacenter. Storage is SAN and storage data is replicated using SAN capabilities.

What can be done with Proxmox to get the same HA capabilities? Would it be better to have 2 independent clusters, one in each datacenter, or a unique cluster with two failure domains?

I have some worries about quorum for a single-cluster, but I don't think Proxmox has anything prepared for cross-cluster HA?

Thanks a lot
Eneko