[PVE-User] proxmox 4 : HA services won't start after an error

Dhaussy Alexandre ADhaussy at voyages-sncf.com
Wed Aug 31 20:14:19 CEST 2016

Hello,

Today i created a VM with 512mo and numa activated.
After starting the VM, it threw up an error "minimum memory must be 1024MB". (Which is ok..)

In the Summary tab, the VM said "HA Managed : Yes, State : error, Group: none"
And in this state, there was no way to restart the service from the GUI.
In the menu, only the Start button was highlighted, and starting the HA service just did nothing..

I noticed also that even if the VM failed to start, HA service said it was OK (attached a screen capture.)

I know that to start the VM again, the workaround is to manually disable/enable the service from a shell with ha-manager.
(In my case, after fixing the memory issue.)

But is it a known/expected behaviour ?

Cheers,
Alexandre.