[PVE-User] 3.4 to 4.0 upgrade - non enterprise repo

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Sun Apr 24 12:03:36 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 24.04.2016 10:16, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On 24/04/2016 5:58 PM, Laurent Dumont wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I assume that the instructions from here :
>> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0 are still valid?
>

> Good question, the latest ver is 4.1
>
> I'd presume they are still ok but maybe the Proxmox guys can confirm?

Exactly they are still valid, just update to latest 3.4, then follow the
instructions from the wiki article, as said by Lindsay take no shortcuts
and double check the steps your making, better safe than sorry!

After that you can do a normal apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade to
get the latest and freshest 4.X package of everything available.

As always have backups available for the worst case, but a lot
successfully upgraded, so do not worry to much, the upgrades that failed
almost all missed simply a step from the article.

cheers and good luck,
Thomas