[PVE-User] Ceph or Gluster

Brian :: bc at iptel.co
Fri Apr 22 15:31:52 CEST 2016

Hi Mohamed

10Gbps or faster at a minimum or you will have pain. Even using 4
nodes with 4 spinner disks in each node and you will be maxing out
1Gbps network. For any backfills or adding new OSDs you don't want to
be waiting on 1Gbps ethernet speeds.

Dedicated 10Gbps network for ceph communication at a minimum and you
will have nice results.