[PVE-User] KRBD, Ceph Jewel & image features

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Apr 12 10:47:40 CEST 2016

>>I would like to inform PVE team that in next Ceph release (Jewel,
>>released in the next days), default RBD image features will be
>>"layering, exclusive-lock, object-map, fast-diff, deep-flatten".

Hi,

are you sure that they will be enable by default ? (on creation ?)
Any commit reference ?

>>How PVE can handle this ?

>>2 solutions exists :
>>- add "--image-feature layering" on rbd create command
>>- add "rbd default features = 1" to ceph.conf

I think rbd default features in ceph.conf is better.

as "--image-feature layering" rbd command will not working with all ceph version, so we need to add extra param (features) to proxmox rbd plugin.
Which is exactly the same than define it in ceph.conf

I would like to inform PVE team that in next Ceph release (Jewel,
released in the next days), default RBD image features will be
"layering, exclusive-lock, object-map, fast-diff, deep-flatten".

This causes problem when using KRBD, which only support "layering".

How PVE can handle this ?

2 solutions exists :
- add "--image-feature layering" on rbd create command
- add "rbd default features = 1" to ceph.conf

Florent