[PVE-User] DRS proxmox

Mohamed Sadok Ben Jazia benjazia.mohamedsadok at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:03:29 CEST 2016

Thank you Thomas
I'm going to describe my thoughts about the DRS based on the project i'm
working on, and i was stuck in this step.
Starting from many clusters in different sub nets and locations, i want
create a large number of LXC containers for my clients.
So for one cluster with many nodes and shared storage, it's a greedy
algorithm with best matches, and by considering the LXC live migration is
not yet available, this is what i'm doing:

For each new container, or re-sizing an old one, i loop all available nodes
in the cluster and see the one that uses more ressources without reaching
the max possible hardware resources, in order to make nodes full.
Optimization of this method is doing a silent migration when a container is
rebooted or restarted based on the same logic.

What do you think of my logic (if it's clear until now).
Also, this point is not clear for me (* wait for the cluster to become
stable (e.g. a few minutes no cluster action), can you explain the reason.

best regards