[PVE-User] VDI on Proxmox anyone?

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Tue Sep 29 16:18:47 CEST 2015

Am 29.09.2015 um 15:39 schrieb Dimitris Beletsiotis:
> Hello,
>
> For VDI on proxmox you can use Spice protocol/console, for more info
> see https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/SPICE
> Win7 desktop is working perfectly stable and is fine for basic office usage.
> Audio works fine, youtube streaming is problematic for me.
>
> If you have many workstations you can use ZFS storage with deduplication
> enabled to save big on storage needs.

Thanks for info, very interesting!

Is youtube not working due to the network speed, or are there generally
problems with video compression/transfer via SPICE?

What I moreover would like to know is how you do updates on the Win7
desktops - do you do this on each single machine or do you somehow do
these updates on a "golden image" from where you clone your current
working image?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk