[PVE-User] Ceph Performance

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Mon Sep 28 21:23:41 CEST 2015

Hi,

a good start to get a feeling about expected performance, read this
great paper from Redhat:

http://www.redhat.com/en/resources/red-hat-ceph-storage-clusters-supermicro-storage-servers

if you want to build a small three node cluster, you should use a intel
3700 200 GB SSD for your journal. this SSD can be used as journal for 4
or 5 OSD. but note, if this SSD fails, you loose all these OSDs -
monitor health status.

if you have more budget, think of a SSD only setup (for OSDs).
use enterprise class SSDs, with powerloss protection.

best,

martin