[PVE-User] PVE 4

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Thu Sep 10 14:53:30 CEST 2015

Am 08.09.2015 um 08:47 schrieb Thomas Lamprecht:

>> Am 04.09.2015 um 18:43 schrieb Gilberto Nunes:
>>> I'm in trouble here with cluster construction...
>>> Do you had some trouble with cluster configuration??
>> Yes, I did have troubles - adding a node failed. What's the problem in
>> your case?
> How did you add the node? What was the failure message?

I simply did a "pvecm add <ip of master node>"

Then it started adding, such as

checking netowkr Manager... [OK]
[...]
Waiting for quorum...

-> End then it got stuck endlessly, which was strange as the master node
had a quorum.

>From there on things went bad, I did a CTRL+C, the machine was somehow
visible already in the web frontend, I tried to remove it which did not
work, so I ended up setting up the cluster alltogether.

Btw., that was something I missed in the docs: How to get the database
in a consistent state in case something went wrong.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
PGP/GPG: 299893C7 (on keyservers)