[PVE-User] VNCWebSocket returns invalid ticket

bobs bobs at sectorlink.com
Thu Sep 3 18:51:28 CEST 2015

I'm looking at: http://pve.proxmox.com/pve2-api-doc/

I want to use OpenVZ to make a NoVNC console work in a web page.

I can create a - VNC Proxy - just fine with the console:
pvesh create /nodes/{node}/openvz/{vmid}/vncproxy

This returns the cert, port, ticket, etc...

However, I keep getting this message when trying to create a - VNC Web
Socket -: permission denied - invalid vnc ticket
pvesh get /nodes/{node}/openvz/{vmid}/vncwebsocket -port 5901 -vncticket
PVEVNC:55E86D40::blabla

What am I missing here?

Also, I tried this with PHP code using [Proxmox VE APIv2 (PVE2) Client -
PHP Class - by Nathan Sullivan]:
Like above, the VNC Proxy works fine and I get the ticket, etc...:
$command    = "post";
$path        = "nodes/{$node}/openvz/{$vmid}/vncproxy";
// code to execute command and path...

However, the VNC Web Socket does not return anything...:
$command    = "get";
$path        =
"nodes/{$node}/openvz/{$vmid}/vncwebsocket?port={$port}&vncticket={$vncticket}";
// code to execute command and path...

Do I need to encode/decode the ticket???