[PVE-User] mixed linux bridges and openvswitch

David Lawley davel at upilab.com
Thu Oct 29 20:51:29 CET 2015

Was working on implementing OVS within my 4 node cluster.  Things did
not go as planned (do they ever?) for reasons other than the issue below.

Anyway, my condition is I'm down to going backwards and have 3 of the 4
nodes configured with linux bridge configuration

vmbr0 and vmbr1

Node 3 still has OVS configured bridges vmbr0 and vmbr1..

Problem that has popped up is when I migrate a VM (a windows machine)
that has both bridges in use from the 3rd cluster that has OVS
configured to a node that has Linux bridges configured I loose vmbr1
connectivity, at best might be able to get a ping on occasion but pretty
much dead.  I can migrate back to node 3 (with OVS) and all is good.
Connectivity seems to be ok on vmbr0

This behaviour is happening on all the nodes ( 1 2 and 4) that have
linux bridges..

I know there is a lot of reading between the lines here.  I have kind of
glossed over the issue.

Just wondering if that last node with OVS is affecting the other 3?

If you have had some experience in this area your help would be
appreciated backing out of OVS.