[PVE-User] KVM tun device dying when reciving/writing large streams of data

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:56:30 CEST 2015

Proxmox 3.4 cluster with 3.10

I'm currently trying to test gluster 3.7.5 using 3 debian 8.2 VM's. The
VM's are setup with 3.10.0-13-pve kernel
- kernel 4.2
- Gluster 3.7.5
- A replica 3 sharded datastore
- 1 virtual nic per virtual gluster node

The gluster datastore is exposed via gluster NFS to prxomox storage so I
can test running VM's off it.

But whenever I try to move a VM disk to the gluster storage (via the NFS
share) the nic on the VM just stops responding and its IP drops off the
network. Sometime its only happens after 23GB, once got as far as 30GB.

 However the VM is still there and I can use the novnc console to access it
and logon. Its still thinks its nic is working but it can't ping anything.

I've tried with VIRTIO and e1000.

Any suggets as to what to look at next?

--
Lindsay