[PVE-User] Create VM on Node2 from Node1?

Michael Monette mmonette at 2keys.ca
Thu Oct 8 15:49:17 CEST 2015

Hello,

We're looking at a way to automate our entire environment with Ansible so that we don't even need to touch the Proxmox webfront and do any manual work. I've managed to build all our VMs with the needed resources using 'qm create' on one instance of proxmox automagically. However, eventually we will have a cluster configured and we will spread the VMs across more than one node. In the Webgui, there is a way to specify which node to create the VM on but I cannot seem to figure out a way to do it using the qm create command. Anyone have any hints?

Appreciate it, thanks for the help

Mike