[PVE-User] Network config (VLANs) changed in 4.0 ?

Frank, Petric (Petric) Petric.Frank at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Oct 8 08:32:55 CEST 2015

Hello,

because the management interface is part of a vlan also.
For the records - i changed my interfaces file to this:

  auto lo
  iface lo inet loopback
  auto eth0
  # Management interface (Proxmox Web GUI)
  auto eth0.41
  iface eth0.41 inet static
        address xxxx.xxx.1.164
        netmask 255.255.255.0
  # base for the VMs
  auto vmbr0
  iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 0.0.0.0
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

Omitting the address from vmbr0 does not bring it up.

Thanks for the hints. They put me into the right direction.

Kind regards
  Petric