[PVE-User] Network config (VLANs) changed in 4.0 ?

Frank, Petric (Petric) Petric.Frank at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Oct 7 16:41:32 CEST 2015

Hello,

i reinstalled proxmox 4.0 and took over the /etc/network/interface file from my 3.4 installation.
So far it is running well.

But if i want to change a network setting via the network GUI I get an error message:
  bridge 'vmbr41' - unable to find port 'eth0.41' (500)

A test adding the lines "auto eth0.41" and "auto eth0.77" solves the problem but is not necessary for debian itself.

The current interfaces-file contains:
------------------ cut -----------------------
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0

auto vmbr41
iface vmbr41 inet static
        address xxx.xxx.1.164
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        bridge_ports eth0.41
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr77
iface vmbr77 inet static
        address xxx.xxx.0.164
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway xxx.xxx.0.254
        bridge_ports eth0.77
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

So - whenever i want to add a VLAN bridge a line "auto eth0.<vlan>" must be previously added to the interfaces file.

Or must such things be done in another way now ?

Kind regards
  Petric