[PVE-User] Proxmox Newsletter, October 2015: Proxmox VE 4.0 Released

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Oct 7 14:56:19 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Congratulations on the new release!

The release caught me in the middle of a 3-morning teaching session
about Proxmox, making it effectively obsolete during it's running time!
(better than release happening the day before the start of the lessons hehe)

Although the upgrade to 4 will be a bit of pain including some downtime,
I think all users will appreciate the new upstream supported cluster
system, which I hope will be more stable than the one in PVE3.4 (I
periodically, although not too often, find problems that require restart
of pve-cluster in some random server on all the clusters we manage).

Is there an incremental backup feature somewhere in the PVE 4.x roadmap?
I'm not sure whether the required storage bitmap is already implemented
in 2.4 qemu...

Thanks
Eneko

--