[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 4.0 released!

Hector Suarez Planas hector.suarez at codesa.co.cu
Tue Oct 6 16:22:49 CEST 2015

Greetings.

> Hi all!
>
> We are proud to announce the final release of our Proxmox VE 4.0 -
> based on the great Debian Jessie.
>
> Watch our short introduction video - What's new in Proxmox VE 4.0?
> http://www.proxmox.com/en/training/video-tutorials/item/what-s-new-in-proxmox-ve-4-0
>

> Linux Containers (LXC)
>
> The new container solution for Proxmox VE is fully integrated into our
> frameworks, e.g. this includes our advanced storage plugins like ZFS,
> Ceph or even DRBD9, full IPv6 support and much more. LXC works with
> all modern and latest Linux kernels.
>
> Bash completion
>
> All our CLI tools support now advanced bash completion, Linux experts
> will just love it!

Very good. :-)

> New Proxmox VE HA Manager for High Availability Clusters
>
> The new HA manager dramatically simplifies HA setups – it works with
> only a few clicks on the GUI, test it! And it elminates the need of
> external fencing devices, watchdog fencing is automatically configured.

Oh, yeah? Great job.

> Important wiki articles and release notes
>
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_4.0
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_4.x_Cluster
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/High_Availability_Cluster_4.x
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Linux_Container
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Convert_OpenVZ_to_LXC
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/DRBD9
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Jessie
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Upgrade_from_3.x_to_4.0

I'm download the Wiki, hehehe.

> Download
> http://www.proxmox.com/en/downloads
> Alternate ISO download:
> http://download.proxmox.com/iso/

Putted on Download list.

> Bugtracker
> https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

> * All beta installations can be updated to 4.0 stable without any problem
> * The Proxmox VE 3.x family is supported until the end of Debian
> Wheezy security updates (expected end in April 2016)
> * Conversion from OpenVZ to LXC is supported via backup/restore
> * Proxmox VE 4.0 can be installed on top of Debian Jessie
>
> A big Thank-you to our active community for all feedback, testing, bug
> reporting and patch submissions.

We love Proxmox here. :-D

Martin, I made a blog (in Spanish of course). I wrote some articles
about Proxmox (Proxmox Firewall, iSCSI, GlusterFS, etc.). My very small
contribution for the community. This is the URL:
http://nihilanthlnxc.cubava.cu/

:-)

--
Lic. Hector Suarez Planas