[PVE-User] Is it possible to use qemu Livebackup feature withProxmox?

"[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" carles at unlimitedmail.org
Mon Jan 19 14:11:37 CET 2015

Yes, but it is possible to make a local incremental backup and then
rsync it to the remote datacenter. It requires a lot of less bandwidth
than if we have to transfer full backups every day to the remote data
center.

I understand that Ayufan's patch is not the best option for incremental
backups but I believe that, if there is no backup inconsistent data
problem with it, is a good option until exists something better.

What do you thing about it?

El 19/01/15 a las 13:47, Alexandre DERUMIER escribió:
>>> It is better to really read only the changed block since the last
>>> backup, it will be possible when the qemu incremental backup is
>>> commited, but in the meantime I believe that something like de Ayufan's
>>> patch integrated in the Proxmox official release will be great.
>>>
>>> What do you thing about it?
>
> Another problem with  Ayufan's patch, is that to create the diff, you also need to read the full backup,
> to do the diff.
>
> And with a remote storage,it can use a lot of bandwith

Saludos.