[PVE-User] Cluster panic! - NFS mount fails

Laurent Dumont admin at coldnorthadmin.com
Sat Jan 17 03:49:50 CET 2015

Hi gents,

I had a small issue this afternoon where my 3 node cluster failed since
my sharing NFS server decided it had enough with life. The first symptom
was snmp failing on all three Proxmox hosts (which really stumped me for
a bit) then all 3 nodes went offline in the web interface. The really
weird part is that quorum was still good and "pvecm status" and "pvecm
nodes" outputs seemed to look okay.

Can I really just attribute this entire thing exploding to just my share
disappearing? That's a pretty bug failure for something that has nothing
to do with the hosts themselves. I would have rather seen the node kill
any vm living on shared storage, warm me but continue on living.

Cheers.

Laurent Dumont