[PVE-User] Network performance problem with Windows 2012 guest

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Jan 14 12:26:41 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have a windows 2012 guest running on PVE 3.3-5 (kernel 2.6.32-34-pve)
. Network is on virtio and disk on RBD.

I've noticed that its tap interface is reporting about 10Mbps on atop,
and >85% usage on the interface (I'm stunned about this)

Hypervisor has 1Gbps interfaces, one for vm usage, one for proxmox node
network, two bonded for ceph network.

I've seem very slow network on that VM. Is that normal? Maybe changing
to Intel e1000 could improve the situation?

Thanks a lot
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico