[PVE-User] Some operations wildly slow with ceph rbd

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Mon Jan 5 16:11:24 CET 2015

I see problems with making backups but not with restoring them.  I just used the backup and restore features to move about a dozen VMs into a new RBD-based cluster and it went very smoothly and quickly.
I have noticed previously that taking backups of an rbd-based VM takes forever and sometimes deadlocked the cluster service by consuming all available memory.
But I haven't experienced either of your specific issues.
-Adam