[PVE-User] VM boot options after 3.4 upgrade

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Thu Feb 26 10:01:41 CET 2015

Le 25/02/2015 20:39, Chris Murray a écrit :
> I think something may be altering the boot order during the upgrade
> process to 3.4, but I haven't quite put my finger on it.
>
> Some VMs don't start properly afterward, as they use VIRTIO disks, yet
> the boot process is set to use IDE0 first. It's easy enough to change to
> VIRTIO0, of course, I'm just thinking surely they'd never have booted if
> they'd been incorrect all along. I've only noticed this after upgrading
> to 3.4.

Hi Chris,

I was bited by the same problem. Some of my VMs did not restart after
upgrade. The first thing I did was to hit F12 inside qemu BIOS to alter
boot order, and set it to virtio for example. But now, thanks to your
post, I changed the boot order inside Promox web interface. Surely, the
hard drive was not set in boot order, but the VM started automatically
on hard drive.

It happens only on two VM for me, but I think it should be added in the
changelog of Proxmox 3.4.

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Photonique et Nanostructures (LPN/CNRS - UPR20)