[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 3.4 released!

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sat Feb 21 00:04:08 CET 2015

On 2015-02-19 07:38 AM, Martin Maurer wrote:
> We just released Proxmox VE 3.4 - the new version is centered around
> ZFS, including a new ISO installer supporting all ZFS raid levels.
> Small but quite useful additions includes hotplug, pending changes,
> start/stop/migrate all VM´s and the network disconnect (unplug virtual
> NIC).

Some questions:
1) if I have an HA cluster, does ZFS get me anything?  Or is it really
only useful for standalone systems using local storage?
2) to get root-on-zfs, I assume I must reinstall instead of upgrading?
3) since I use CEPH and only have 3 hard disks per server, I assume I
cannot use ZRAID{,2} and still have the host be a CEPH OSD?  (i.e. CEPH
continues to require dedicated disks?)

Thank you,

--
-Adam Thompson