[PVE-User] Continued network loss with virtio Windows and Linux

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Feb 12 10:40:19 CET 2015

Hi all,

Just for your information, this ws2012 host has continued to loss
network connectivity. We have switched to e1000 emulation, to try to
keep it working.

Also, yesterday in another unrelated cluster, this problem happened
twice with a Debian wheezy VM. We switched to e1000 emulation too, and
it has kept working well since then.

So I think there's some kind of bug in latest qemu and network virtio in
Proxmox. I didn't try virtio .94 and .100 drivers in the Windows host
(found the problem in the Debian VM before trying that); also, they're
not marked as stable yet.

I'll report back if we see the same problems with e1000 network.

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico