[PVE-User] Swap Postfix for sSMTP

Hector Suarez Planas hector.suarez at codesa.co.cu
Mon Feb 2 14:21:21 CET 2015

Greetings.

> On 02/02/15 12:03, LicoMonch wrote:
>> I don't get you problem here, as the proposed solution from aptitude
>> is exactly what you wanted to
>> do: uninstall postfix and install ssmtp
>>
>> Do I miss something?
>

> Ah, no, sorry... you didn't miss anything.
>
> I was just worried that it would go ahead and uninstall postfix + all
> the stuff I didn't want it to uninstall the first time I tried it (see
> original post).
>
> :)
>
> However, are you saying that if I go for installing ssmtp, it will go...
>

> install ssmtp > uninstall postfix > don't uninstall all the original
> important proxmox stuff because Paul is installing another mta called
> ssmtp, so just uninstall postfix and then install ssmtp straight away
> in its place while not blowing up the server that is running vms.
>

> Have I got that correct?
>
> Perhaps I should try this on a virtual debian box to be safe?

Smart decision. I used a VM to install Proxmox VE to probe the last
updates and restore the GRUB loader, because I was select the wrong boot
device and my real Proxmox crashed on next boot. (Oh, My God!!!)

I wrote a litle manual of it yesterday and today I fix my real Proxmox
box. :) All work fine now.

Long live to GNU/Linux, Debian and Proxmox. Hehehehe.

(Sorry for my bad English)

:D