[PVE-User] Swap Postfix for sSMTP

Paul Littlefield info at paully.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 13:58:58 CET 2015

On 02/02/15 12:03, LicoMonch wrote:
> I don't get you problem here, as the proposed solution from aptitude is exactly what you wanted to
> do: uninstall postfix and install ssmtp
>
> Do I miss something?

Ah, no, sorry... you didn't miss anything.

I was just worried that it would go ahead and uninstall postfix + all the stuff I didn't want it to uninstall the first time I tried it (see original post).

:)

However, are you saying that if I go for installing ssmtp, it will go...

install ssmtp > uninstall postfix > don't uninstall all the original important proxmox stuff because Paul is installing another mta called ssmtp, so just uninstall postfix and then install ssmtp straight away in its place while not blowing up the server that is running vms.

Have I got that correct?

Perhaps I should try this on a virtual debian box to be safe?

:)

Paul