[PVE-User] Proxmox 4beta / ceph

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Sun Aug 30 21:52:30 CEST 2015

Hi,
I'm new to Proxmox and are currently testing the new beta 4 on one of my
systems. Despite some struggles I managed to set up a 3-node cluster, so
far so good.

Next I'd like to setup ceph on the three nodes. I read that the new beta
does not yet support ceph, however, debian jessie seems to provide ceph
0.8 as a package.

Is it recommended to simply install ceph on the "debian level"? Or will
this lead to troubles later, when proxmox 4 beta evolves and packages
will be available, so there is then no upgrade path?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
PGP/GPG: 299893C7 (on keyservers)