[PVE-User] High load on cpu0 with 3.10 pve kernel on proxmox 3.4

Falko Trojahn trojahn+proxmox at pluspol.info
Mon Aug 24 19:44:19 CEST 2015

Hi all,

after upgrading our 3 nodes proxmox 3.4 system (using wheezy) from stock
3.2.0-4-amd64 debian kernel to 3.10.0-11-pve, we have only on one node
and only on it's cpu0 approx. 93..100% load constantly with ksoftirqd.

As our 3 systems are basically the same (mainboard is Supermicro
X8DT3-F, running Intel 82598EB and 82599EB dual network controllers),
I'd like to get suggestions how to track down why this is only on
one system and perhaps what we can do to prevent this.

Thank you very much
and best regards
Falko