[PVE-User] VM migration from k3.10 to k2.6.32 OK but migrated VM hung

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Aug 20 10:47:45 CEST 2015

El 20/08/15 a las 10:27, Alexandre DERUMIER escribió:
>>> I have noticed that migration from node4 to any other node (3.10 to
>>> 2.6.32) ends with OK, but the VM is hung
> It's possible that kernel 3.10 kvm module have fixes not available in 2.6.32.
>
> for example new cpu flags exposing in guest.
>
> That could explain why the migration hang.
>
> (you should never migrate from new to older kernel, try to keep same kernel on all nodes)

Sure, I'm not complaining this doesn't work OK. But it's rather odd that
Proxmox says migration was successful ... :)

Anyway I tried with the latest 2.6.32 kernel in that node and now it
does seem to work properly, so I changed as your advice so I don't get
bitten by this another time :)

Thanks
Eneko

--