[PVE-User] Backup/Restore

Ola Karlsson olka at bagheera.se
Wed Aug 12 09:26:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

I recently restored my entire server after hardware failure and think you should look into below points to smooth this process further.

1.       Add some additional information to the backup files. Just VM id is sometimes too little especially if backups of deleted VMs still exists.

2.       As we specify number of backups for storage it would also be useful to specify maximum number of simultaneous restores. If maximum is exceeded then a que should be formed.

3.       The option to have the VM powered on after restore.

Maybe not priority but all above points help if you have a total system failure and need to reinstall the entire server and restore multiple VMs.

/Ola