[PVE-User] ZFS error at boot

Luca Prete luca at onlab.us
Wed Aug 12 00:31:09 CEST 2015

Hello guys,

I've a quite big problem at boot. I've just installed a proxmox 3.4 with
ZFS - raid1.

At some point  - honestly a little bit confused by this
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_ZFS

I decided to install the zfs utils

apt-get install zfsutils

since I wasn't able to find /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf

Just after the installation I saw a message very similar to
"generating initramfs..."

Just after rebooting the server, I discovered that I cannot boot any more.

I believe there was a problem created by the update, since whenever
command I run, I get a message in the following format:

zpool: symbol lookup error: zpool: undefined symbol:

*libzfs_error_init*

Please, note that zpool is just an exmple...but this is true for any
zfs command that I try to run..

Any idea on how I can get out of this horrible situation?

I've a bunch of VMs there...

Thanks,

Luca