[PVE-User] Using Veam Backups to transfer VM's ?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:14:52 CEST 2015

Just a followup - I experimented with veam and found it very awkward to
backup disks and then extract to a external medium for conversion.

In the end I just exported all the VM's to OVF (Dir format) using the
vSphere client. It was able to batch them so not to painful. That gave me a
single vmdk for conversion.

We actually had no physical Windows PC's to do this with, so I passed a USB
disk trhough to a Windows VM on the vSphere box and ran the client from
inside that :)

--
Lindsay